LOGICAL FRAMEWORK MATRIX – LFM (excerpt)
What is the overall broader objective, to which the project will contribute?
Increasing of the level of implementation of compliance with the Bologna Process (BP) of the Higher Education (HE) system of Armenia and Russia, with specific reference to Master degrees on Environmental and Energy Efficiency issues.
Increasing of the commitment and awareness of the leading role performed by Armenian and Russian HE Institutions (HEI) in the national socioeconomic framework with reference to the Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency in Buildings (EEB).
Indicators of progress:
What are the key indicators related to the wider objective?
Capability of the involved Armenian and Russian Universities (ARU) to implement Master degrees fully formally recognized and inserted in the academic plans of the Ministries of Education.
Capability of the involved ARU to develop LLL programmes in cooperation with outstanding representatives of the labour market, public authorities and other stakeholders.
Acceptance and aware approach of the wider target group (University decision-makers, retrained teaching staff, stakeholders representatives) towards the EU trends, guidelines and challenges related to Environmental and EEB subjects.
Specific Project Objective/s:
What are the specific objectives, which the project shall achieve?
To create flexible, efficient and high‐ quality M.Sc. programmes in Environmental Protection and Energy Efficient Buildings (EEB), providing graduates with good employment perspectives, by means of development of Master Course (MC) in three Russian Universities (Yekaterinburg, S. Petersburg and Tambov) and two Armenian Universities (AMU), having different training directions, with courses affiliation in other 2 Russian Universities (RUU), Chelyabinsk affiliated to Yekaterinburg and Voronezh affiliated to Tambov.
To support the curricular reform process and to improve the capability of the ARU teaching staff to meet labour market demands and to direct teaching offer towards problem solving of identified environmental problems
To ensure the mainstreaming of the improved educational elements and their exploitation beyond the project lifecycle by different dissemination actions.
To enrich the adaptability to the labour market requirements and the mainstreaming process of the reformed curricula by networking among Universities and stakeholders.
To spread, promote and enhance the approach towards the EU «20‐20‐20 targets» policy referred to Environmental Protection and Energy Saving.
Indicators of progress:
What are the quantitative and qualitative indicators showing whether and to what extent the project’s specific objectives are achieved?
Actual implementation of the MC by its beginning in the framework of the project lifecycle. Specific training programmes for public and private companies upon both academic and practical dimension.
Participation and full commitment of the ARU senior and teaching staff in the realization of the tangible outputs aimed at the curricula reform (retraining delivered by EU experts on the EU dimension of the designing of study‐programmes, intensive training course in EU as empowerment process undergone by junior, successful endowments devoted to the involved academic units).
Motivation of the other national HEI, the labour market representatives and the local authorities to be involved in the spreading of the MARUEEB Master programme and the implementation and improvement of the realized system of professional recognition of the MARUEEB Master.
Joint elaboration by the ARU with stakeholders and authorities of implementation arrangements for professional recognition, in addition to the Ministerial one, of the MARUEEB Master, by means of a strategic document, so‐called MARUEEB Model.
Acceptance and aware approach of retrained teaching staff and decision makers towards the EU guidelines related to the specific scientific subjects (Environmental protection and EEB).
Outputs (tangible) and Outcomes (intangible):
Please provide the list of concrete DELIVERABLES ‐ outputs/outcomes (grouped in Workpackages), leading to the specific objective/s.:
WP1. Harmonization of academic approaches to Environmental Protection and EEB by EU‐ARU analysis and best practices, aimed at developing the new Master study‐ programmes and related programmes handbooks. [PREPAR]
WP2. Teachers’ capacity building by empowerment of the ARU junior teaching staff by means of two intensive retraining sessions in EU. [DEVELOP]
WP3. Support to the curricular reform process and improvement of the capability of the ARU teaching staff to implement the reform process. [DEVELOP]
WP4. Quality control and monitoring by systematic tools and events. [QUAL]
WP5. Transfer of the improved educational elements and use/implementation of the project results. [DISS&EXPL]
WP6. Sustainability by making of the MARUEEB Model. [DISS&EXPL]
WP7. Management and reporting of the project activities [MNGT]
Indicators of progress:
What are the indicators to measure whether and to what extent the project achieves the envisaged results and effects?
1. Establishment and official recognition of new/updated official curricula in 3 Russian (with affiliation of other 2) and 2 Armenian universities based upon the
«Environmental & Energy 20‐20‐20 targets». Awareness of the ARU teaching staff on the designing of study‐programmes and teaching activities based upon the learning outcomes and "student‐centred" approaches.
2. Clear and joint definition of the training needs, of the programme and of the reporting of the course. Project works elaborated by the participant ARU junior staff.
3. Effective work of the editorial board in the making of the new 9 (nine) textbooks. Feedback from academic authorities on adaptation and quality of the reformed education for the ARU. Success of the Master course until its first academic year, corresponding to the third project year. Definition of the equipment for scientific laboratories supplies by the ARU teaching staff and advice from the EU teachers.
4. Periodical consultation among the members of the Board appointed for quality control and monitoring. Prompt feedback from the consortium members of the assessment elements.
5. Indicators of quality of education disseminated by project website and extended by printing editions among public authorities. Interregional dimension of the project events (Induction Days both in Armenia and in Russia, and Final Dissemination Conference in Yekaterinburg). Updating of the website sources and accesses monitoring. Wide distribution of the printed info material.
6. Elaboration of the MARUEEB Model including raised awareness on Energy Efficiency and Environmental Protection. International evaluation of the documents, materials & work schemes, elaborated and prepared within the project.
7. Project boards set‐up. Definition of roles by each partner. Financial agreements and report modalities.
What are the key activities to be carried out (grouped in Workpackages) and in what sequence in order to produce the expected results?
1.1 Definition of the Master team at project and at partner university level. Survey on the current overall academic frameworks at ARU.
1.2 Design of the study‐programmes according to the EU dimension by seminars in EU and ARU delivered by EU senior teaching staff and academic decision‐makers.
1.3 Curricula and courses development by ARU‐EU teachers on‐ line consultation. Revision by stakeholders.
2.1 Intensive retraining course in EU Universities and Institutions attended by ARU junior teaching staff.
2.2 Internship of the junior teaching staff in local stakeholders’ institutions.
3.1 Setting up of the Didactical Laboratories and of the support units in each of the Armenian and Russian Universities.
3.2 Making of 9 (nine) new textbooks to be adopted by the reformed Master Courses. Printing, publishing and distribution of new textbooks.
3.3 Delivering of the first Academic Year of the Master Course.
4.1 Internal monitoring by the Management Board team.
4.2 External quality control by the Evaluation Board members.
4.3. External audit on financial statements.
5.1 Project web site for coordination issues and Master Courses links.
5.2 Intermediate events and Induction Days.
5.3 Final Dissemination Conference on project results.
6.1 Consultation among ARU and stakeholders' institutions on the MARUEEB Model aimed at the professional recognition of the new qualification.
6.2 Enlargement of an existing network on energy & environmental sustainability.
7.1 Coordination meetings.
7.2 Working of management units and official & internal reporting, work‐ plan execution.
What inputs are required to implement these activities,
staff time, equipment, mobilities, publications etc.?
1. Acad.tasks by EU and ARU staff for survey.
Mobility flows (MF) from EU to AM and RU for seminars.
MF by ARU teaching staff in EUU.
Acad.tasks by EU and ARU staff for production of booklets.
12 Intra RU and AM-RU mobility flows for team-building.
Subcontracting for interpreter services + printing of booklets.
2. Acad.tasks by EUU for intensive retraining to ARU junior teaching staff.
MF from ARU to EU by at least 20 junior teaching staff.
Intensive retraining course in IT (9 weeks), SK and LT.
Acad.tasks by ARU stakeholders during internships.
3. (3.1) Specific hardware & instruments for setting-up of 6 Did.Labs.
(3.2) Academic tasks by EU and ARU teaching staff participating to making and editing of the 9 textbooks.
(3.2) Subcontracting for professional translation and printing of textbook.
(3.3) Academic tasks by ARU & EU staff for Master classes. Weekly mobility flows by EUU teachers & ARU teachers coming from affiliated sites.
4. Subcontracting for external members of the Evaluation Board (mobility flows and fees).
Subcontracting of the financial audit.
Acad.tasks by stakeholders for quality control and monitoring.
Acad.tasks by UNIGE, URFU and NPUA for assistance to the Evaluation Board.
5. Acad.tasks by URFU, NPUA and UNIGE for project website design.
Subcontracting for the maintenance service of the website.
Mobility flows from EU to AM and RU by participants to the Induction Events and the FDC.
Subcontracting for leaflets, brochures and news publishing.
6. Acad.tasks by staff of ARU and AM & RU South stakeholders for MARUEEB model elaboration and existing GREENMA network enlargement.
Subcontracting for printing, publishing & distribution of Model booklet.
7. Administrative staff costs for the management activities carried out by each consortium member.